Sunday, July 12, 2009

Damn you domain names!!!

What a pain in the butt it is to find a domain name for a blog. But with the fairy help of my good friend @alushaness, we came up with a pretty good and simple name: PAKAI BUANG PAKAI (I almost said “buah”there..), translates from bahasa directly to “wear throw wear”. Nevertheless, in my country of croissants and escargots, I translate it to “use throw use”. Rediscovering all the good things that are disposable in life and to not take things too seriously.

It might have started from the (very traumatizing) flashback of when my mother once bought me a set of disposable underwear for my first trip to Bali when I was 16 (SIXTEEN FFSake!!). Despite my mother's good intention, I threw the set of disposable underwear before they were even made disposable, thankyouverymuch, and I had my first tattoo inked instead.

I then remembered the good old, or just plain old disposable cameras we all had. Since my current NIKON COOLPIX5400 is short of breath and my nonexistent savings are nowhere to be found, I’ve resorted to using disposable cameras for the time being. Scanners have been fun too. We’ll see what comes outta that little box. :)

P.S: I’ll be teaching you a “French word for the day” at each post. As we all need to know how to order a
“croissant” and scream out “SACRÉ BLEU!!!!” while the waiter spills coffee on your …

CAKAP FRENCH :: jetable (ʒətabl) = disposable

No comments:

Post a Comment