Thursday, August 13, 2009

I do this OCT - On Company Time

Being in the creative department, I consider this time researching and blogging valuable and relevant to my work. I need to reboot and rejenerate my creative cells every now and then. Besides swinging by creative/designers websites and magazines, it is a must to educate myself with other irrelevant randomness. Because when you dig your nose for an idea, you often get the lightbulb triggered by the most random and unrelated subjects to your work.

@natashanair directed my attention to this article in CREATIVE REVIEW online magazine. Created by the Sydney based ad agency Publicis Mojo, here is one of the six typographical posters that was sent to CR recently.


See now how my random research OCT could be just as handy for future work. From urbandictionary.com:

DROP THE NEEDLE: to play a vynil record.
CLAP BACK: to return fire (eg: if someone shoots at you, you clap back at their ass.)
EAR WORM: a song that is stuck in your head.
COLD LAMPIN: innactive, chillin' similar to the cool temperature of a light in a lamp that has not been used in some time.
CHEVROLEG: the kind of vehicle you own when you can't afford a car.
LOCK BLOCK: when one person prematurely tries to open the passenger door on a vehicle while the driver simultaneously unlocks the door, causing it to relock and keep the passenger outside.
GREEN THE LIGHT: used by a frustrated person who believes he/she can ask the help of a higher power to make a traffic light turn green for him/her. It originates from firemen who actually have the power to make the light turn green.

That's my own creative poster time, inspired by the creative and the randomness. Quickly done OCT, no time wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment