Monday, August 10, 2009

Kenapa ko takleh multi-task? Because you are men.

Women are better at multi-tasking than men are, at work and in life. That's a fact. We can jaga a career, family, friends, hobbies, household choirs and anything else, you name it, we can DO IT simultaneously. Nike should consider endorsing more women for the simple fact that we JUST DO IT without being affected by other tasks in our lives. Yep, we've got multiple channels in our brain that allow us to think, do and listen at the very same time. Take Sir Ken in his speech at TEDTalks about Creativity, I quote (a lot lately):

« There's a shaft of nerves that joins the two hemispheres of the brain called the corpus collasum, and it's thicker in women. Falling off from Hellenistic era. I think this is probably why women are better at multi-tasking. Because you are, aren't you? There's a raft of research, but I know from my personal life.
If my wife
(Terri) is cooking a meal at home.. (pause) ..which is not often.. (pause) ..thankfully.(LOL) No but she's good at some things. But if she's cooking, she's dealing with people on the phone, she's talking to the kids, she's painting the ceilings, she's...doing open heart surgery, over here.
(LOL) If I am cooking, the door is shut, the kids are out, the phone is on the hook and if she comes in I get annoyed. I say Terri pleease, I'm trying to fry an egg in here!(LOL again) Give me a break!»

Accept it boys, that's just fact.
I'm sure I've quoted enough of this guy's speech now. I can only strongly recommend everyone to watch this 20min video. I've been watching it many times over the past 2years. It's just timeless.
TEDTalks 2006 :: Do Schools Kill Creativity? by Sir Ken Robinson



Eeerm..since i've mentioned Nike, and that makes it twice now, do i get endorsed too?
Nikeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's thrice.

2 comments:

  1. that's the best talk i've EVER listen to. What he said made loads of sense. Good one !

    ReplyDelete